Michael took a famous Shel Silverstein poem and rewrote it for his girlfriend, Helene.
This week's task is to take a famous poem and rewrite it, Office-style!
- Select a poem from the dropdown list. The poem will then appear in the content box.
- Alter the poem based on the following criteria: You must either a) rewrite the poem about Dunder Mifflin Scranton employees or a Dunder Mifflin Scranton situation, b) rewrite the poem in the voice of a Dunder Mifflin Scranton employee (i.e. Michael, Dwight, Pam, etc.), or c) rewrite the poem about the office as workplace (can be any office).
- Create a new title for poem and write that in the appropriate form field before submitting. NOTE: If you are writing in the voice of a character, be sure to write "by [character]" at the end so we know whose voice it is.
- There is no limit as to what can be altered as long as the original poem can still be recognized, and your poem considered a parody.
- IMPORTANT: If you have made any updates to a poem in the content box, and then click on another poem, you changes will be lost. Be sure to copy and paste anything if you can't decide on a poem and want to go back to it later.
You may submit as many times as you want, however only your most recent
submission will count towards voting. SchruteBucks will only be awarded
There will be both branch and corporate voting for this task.
All rewards are payable in SchruteBucks, the official currency of Dunder Mifflin Infinity.
- For submitting your poem: Sb $50
- If your poem ranks in your branch's Top 2-3-4-5, you will receive an additional Sb $75.
- If your poem is chosen the branch winner, you will receive an additional Sb $200.
- If your poem is chosen as the Corporate winner, you will receive an additional Sb $300.
Your sentence must be submitted by Thursday, Nov. 12th, 2009 at 9 AM PT/12 PM ET.